SO, this is kinda random. I was just thinking I never posted anything about Oliver's birth story. There is always a story behind how it happened, and some how I skipped that, and I feel it should be documented somewhere.
SO here it is:
On Tuesday Morning September 21, two days after my due date, I woke up feeling awful. I knew. I woke up at 7am. I had already quite my job, so luckily i had no where to go. I just quietly got into the shower. I did not want to wake Mike up. You see we had been working NON STOP on our house. Michael was sure we would be able to finish the house in time, because baby was in no hurry to come out. Michael stayed up ALL night Monday working on the house. He just had to get as much done as he could and seeing that there was a lot of drywall that needed sanded he thought he'd do it while i was asleep, because I couldn't be there for that. Well I knew he had not slept so I was trying to hard to not wake him.... but I just couldn't take it. Around 8 maybe... I woke him up and told him I was having contractions. SERIOUSLY he almost puked. He was an instant hot mess. (I thought I was the one to be nervous...)
Since it was a Tuesday morning I waited around and called the doctors office. They called me in for a check. I hadn't been dilated at all at this point. So when I went to the office at 3pm I was only at 1cm. (that's it?!?!) So I was sent home. I tried to rest.... Michael had called in sick to work, because he was sick. He tried to nap too, because we knew it would be soon. I couldn't sleep. Finally at 11pm-12am we called the hospital and they sent us in, well it was still too soon I was only at like 2cm, maybe... I was told to walk around the floor for an hour and see if anything changed. After an hour, still nothing, so I was sent home.
At 5 or 6 am, I knew for sure it was time, this time! So we went back and the admitted me. I had a room by 6.30 or so and was given some pain meds. At first I told the nurses I did not want an epidural. They told me if I did want one I needed one Now or wait till after a c-section scheduled for 12. So I agreed and was numb by 8 or 9. I slept the whole day. That stuff knocked me out. I don.t really remember much except being SOOO sleepy, but I hadn't slept at all the day before. And note to Michael, never watch this part. I seriously almost pasted out. SO finally by 1, it think it was time to push. After the whole thing was over turns out things were moving so slow because they thought they were giving me pitocin, but they weren't ... Oh well. By 3 pm the baby was here.
I felt it all went smooth. other then Michael's all niter the night before, that may not have been the best timing. I did think it was crazy that I went from 0cm-10cm in 24hours. It seems like some people are at 3 or 4 for weeks.
Sorry this is kinda a blast from the past... or 6 months back. I think I'm just reminiscing due to my baby growing up so fast! He needs to slow down.
No comments:
Post a Comment